How to reprogram KDM

Michael Zanetti mzanetti at kde.org
Tue Jun 14 21:21:15 BST 2011

On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 19:48:52 Leonel Florin Selles wrote:
> Friends I need to create a program that takes data from the users
> authentication before they log on to the system to check them against a
> database, but KDM is that it manages this, how I can re-create KDM.

You might want to have a look at PAM, the linux pluggabla authentication
module on how to integrate your application with the login process...

Speaking on "re-create KDM": KDM is open source. If you want to create
something very similar, why don't you check out kdm's source code and borrow
relevant parts from it?