KDE git workflow

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:53:20 BST 2011

On Thursday 09 Jun 2011 17:56:54 John Layt wrote:
> On Thursday 09 Jun 2011 17:34:57 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > Any takers for augmenting the examples with
> > step-by-step instructions from the real world?
>
> At Platform 11 I started a couple of detailed step-by-steps for new Git
> users which I'll try publish tomorrow.  One workflow was a straight svn
> like process in master designed to be used for the first week or two of
> git use while they learn the basic commands, after which the dev would
> move onto the feature branch workflow.
>
> John.

OK, I've done some more work on the workflow tutorials.  I'm posting them now
as I'm not sure if I'll have time to finish them off until next week, QtCS
demands my attention.  Feel free to fix my mistakes :-)

The first is the simple svn-like workflow introducing the basic git commands
which is mostly complete except for a couple of error scenarios:

  http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Git/Simple_Workflow

The second is the feature branch workflow where I've done the local branch
instructions but need to finish the remote branch and bug fix sections:

  http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Git/Feature_Branch_Workflow

Cheers!

John.