SSL in KDE going forward

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 21:12:22 BST 2011

Hi All,

Right now, we have the opportunity to make sure that Qt's SSL classes
offer us the facilities we need in KDE. I'll be attending the QCS and
will most likely be working on the SSL stack at the time. If anyone
knows anything that we need in KDE that's not currently offered (or
even more importantly can't be added from the existing APIs) then now
would be a good time to say. The stuff that is currently being looked
at is all listed on the following wiki page:
http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Improving_Qts_SSL_Support

If you know something that is needed for KDE but isn't listed then let me know.

Cheers

Rich.
ps. designing a new non-SSL based infrastructure for online
transactions is out of scope.#