Requested Moratorium on hard to build dependency bumps for KDE 5

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Tue Jun 7 23:42:29 BST 2011

On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:14:43 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 08:21:02 AM Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:
> > Just as a side-note on SDO: For me SDO is very close to the KDE
> > development process. If I had my way everyone running KDE master would
> > also use SDO master. But for some reason that would only be acceptable
> > if SDO were in KDE's git...
>
> It could be integrated into a "virtual" kdesupport, independent from where
> it is hosted.
> doesn't kdesrc-build actually do this ?

SDO is in the git-master kdesrc-buildrc-sample file (commented out).

However, this was only when even I finally couldn't build KDE using system
packages of SDO, on *Gentoo*. SDO is the first non-Qt/non-KDE project to be
included in the kdesrc-build sample configuration, and I was semi-surprised
that it even worked at all.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne