Requested Moratorium on hard to build dependency bumps for KDE 5

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 7 08:32:09 BST 2011

On Tuesday 07 June 2011 Jun, Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:

> Restricting ourselves to old versions (and as a developer anything
> released is old for me) means to restrict the power we have and
> undermines our very development model.

In my opinion, almost always needing the development version of e.g. GTK is what is keeping GIMP a project with hardly any contributors. But that's an application, not a framework. Still -- if you want to have a healthy project with many contributors, making it hard to develop by requiring lots of unpackaged isn't a good idea.
--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org