Requested Moratorium on hard to build dependency bumps for KDE 5

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jun 6 21:06:06 BST 2011

On Tuesday, June 7, 2011 06:19:52 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> The Moratorium would extend to all components of the KDE SC
> distribution. Hence kde-core-devel.

imho this is impossible, for the reasons Martin noted.

> The components affected by the Moratorium - namely the Kernel, X and
> ALSA interfaces are not easy to build. For those of us on non-rolling

can you provide an answer to Kevin's initial question, namely: what are the
actual cases that triggered this concern? e.g. what currently relies on a
recent kernel, X or alsa?

for the same sort of reasons we can not make a all-SC decision, it's very hard
to have a productive discusson without examples to demonstrate the problem
which can then be analyzed and understood.

since you mentioned custom patches, disable features and compilation failures,
you must have at least a couple of them :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se