My Plans, Your Plans: Berlin Desktop Summit

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Jul 28 06:59:13 BST 2011

 On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:40:11 +0200, "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org>
 wrote:
> i'm VERY interested in what you are hoping and planning for from your
> own
> attendance at BDS. please share those goals so that we can all arrive
> more
> mentally prepared for what is in store.
 My Goal for Desktop Summit is to get the "KDE Plasma on Wayland" really
 kickstarted. At the end of the week I want to have a group of dedicated
 developers who also see the great chance and opportunity for KDE to
 finally get rid off X and forge our own custom tailored windowing system
 based on Wayland. I want to convince people how important it is to get
 the porting of the workspace started *now* to be ready when Wayland
 really starts through. Let's be ahead and not watch the red lights of
 the Wayland train passing by.

 Cheers
 Martin