X11 expert help needed

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 22:05:08 BST 2011

On Tuesday 26 July 2011, Ruurd Pels wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2011 22.43.33 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Should the stuff we do just be merged into the cmake version ?
> > > Can somebody who knows more about X11 please have a look at these two
> > > files, one in kdelibs, the other one in cmake 2.8.5 or git HEAD ?
> > > http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=summary
>
> What happens if you use de cmake version (copy over kde version then try a
> cmake... How much extra does de KDE version do and is it possible to do
> that in a sort of X11ExtraCheck cmake?

No need to copy and try... a diff shows the differences. It's checking for a
few things more here and there.
I could simply add that to the cmake version.
But since I actually don't really know what these libs are for, whether they
are always there or only in some versions or on some OSs, or whatever, I'd
like to get some expert input on that.

Alex