Formal complaint concerning the use of the name "System Settings"

Ambroz Bizjak ambrop7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 23:53:22 BST 2011

Hi Mark,

The localization stuff you're concerned about is happening below the
desktop file layer (in KDE's case, kconfigdata.h), and should work
automatically, i.e. if you ask for some key it will automatically give
you a localized version if available.
Also, DE-specific desktop file keys would be a good thing to have in
general, so I hope people do not oppose the idea just because it's not
the ideal solution to this particular problem. Besides, it's (I think)
very easy to implement, so even if we don't manage to push it, it
wouldn't be that much time lost :) . I've done many enhancements to
open-source projects, and many of them weren't liked by the developers
- but I still think I did the right thing, and I'm not afraid of
contributing for the fear of being opposed.

Regards,
Ambroz