CDash of kdelibs

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Jul 19 08:03:17 BST 2011

On Monday 18 July 2011 21:21:36 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 18 July 2011, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 17. Juli 2011, 12:47:36 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> > > When I look at the kdelibs test results at
> > > http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=kdelibs I see the following things
> > > that IMHO need to be changed:
> > >
> > > -the limit of 3000 warnings is reached, do we need to increase the
> > > limit?
> >
> > We don't, we are now down to 2422 warnings by fixing problem #2.
>
> Hmm, this still shows the old mixed up logs:
> http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=209926
> , not the nicely separated ones as here:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1340413

That's caused by CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS, right? I think by now I have a cmake
version that actually supports this, so I'll try to enable that for the next
build. Seems like we could add that to CTestConfig/Custom.cmake, so it's
automatically set for everyone (including make Experimental/Nightly/etc)?

> Volker, are you still doing "make Nightly" ?

well, something inbetween I guess, manual ctest calls but not using the script
in quality.

> If so, this is quite limited and has a bootstrapping problem.
> Did you consider using the ctest scripts in svn in quality/ ?

That didn't exist back when I set up this build (it's running for more than
1.5 years now) I think :)
In general I don't mind changing the setup I run now, but for me the current
one has the advantage that I understand my simple shell script that drives the
build, while the script in quality looks rather complex on first sight. I'll
have a look once I have time.

regards
Volker