KDE git docs for dummies ? WAS: Re: splitting up kdebase in git

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Thu Jan 20 19:27:38 GMT 2011

2011/1/20 Alexander Neundorf:
> As long as there is no policy defined, I simply try to push/merge to the
> respective master ?
> I also think that really most/all new KDE git repositories should use a common
> workflow.

I think this is a reasonable expectation for all repositories that are
part of the Software Compilation. (If extragear apps and personal
projects want to do things differently, I really think that's up to
them.)

I think "trunk" == "master" is pretty obvious, but when it comes to
stabilisation branches I think will have to develop a policy to
enforce consistency. For example, SC 4.x usually contains Konsole
version 2.x, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone to
know this detail (for Konsole and for every other project) to be able
to tell which is the current stable branch. Maybe stabilisation for SC
4.7 should always happen in a "SC4.7" branch, regardless of the
project's current version number?

Or maybe this has already been decided somewhere and I just missed it?

Parker