KShutdown got to kde-runtime without review

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Feb 21 07:21:34 GMT 2011

Am 20.02.2011 13:56, schrieb Pino Toscano:
> Alle giovedì 17 febbraio 2011, Pino Toscano ha scritto:
>> Alle giovedì 17 febbraio 2011, Ralf Habacker ha scritto:
>>> You are refering to http://kshutdown.sourceforge.net, which is a qt
>>> only application ?
>> Yes, I'm referring to that KDE application (which can optionally be
>> Qt- only). And whatever it is, it predates your utility, which must
>> use another name, to avoid any kind of clash (application name,
>> configuration files and associated data, .po/.mo files, etc).
> Ping?
> This (the clash with kshutdown) will be a *real* issue when in 4 days
> KDE 4.6.1 will be tagged. Please do fix this issue (renaming the
> application) ASAP.
Yeah, I thought about the weekend if it would be a solution to merge
this feature into the external hosted kshutdown app and it would be
possible, but kshutdown is an external application and then it would
have to be a part of kde-runtime, which looks not to be possible in the
short time.
In the platforms/win dir there is also kwinstartmenu, so I will rename
it to kwinshutdown today.

Ralf

Ralf