api to get tray icon panel foreground color?

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 03:48:12 GMT 2011

On 02/18/2011 09:53 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, February 18, 2011, Andriy Rysin wrote:
>> So the question is what's the API to get suggested tray foreground color?
> in Plasma, what we are doing right now is this:
>
>          m_svg = new Plasma::Svg(this);
>          m_svg->setImagePath("widgets/labeltexture");
>          m_svg->setContainsMultipleImages(true);
> 	m_pixmap = Plasma::PaintUtils::texturedText(string, font, m_svg);
Thanks, I tried that real quick but results are probably even worse: it
paints white without halo so it looks a bit better on dark themes but it
makes it even worse on light ones. The worse was on Air Netbooks, the
text almost invisible especially if there are 3 characters so it should
use smaller (thinner) font. Two small screenshots attached.

Andriy

P.S. BTW it does not match the way the clock applet paints text, may be
(when we have reliable solution) it should be reused there as well