A Qt replacement for KGlobal::ref and deref

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 14 17:11:28 GMT 2011

On Monday, February 14, 2011, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I agree, as long as the reference count is tied to the window count. People
> should understand that a GUI application running with no GUI makes no sense
> and should be avoided.

agreed; so just to be painfully clear (it's a monday morning here, i worked
all weekend and i still have house packing to do, please excuse my obtuseness
;): IF a refcoutning patch is offered which ties all window visibility
(setQuitOnLastWindowClosed, QSystemTray, etc) to the refcounting behind the
scenes but which also exposes said refcounting as the quit-on-last-window
feature with stern and accurate descriptions on how it works, that would be
accepted?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se