splitting up kdebase in git

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Feb 11 20:51:50 GMT 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 14:06, Davide Bettio <bettio at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our default wallpapers used to be part of kdebase/workspace, but during
> the git migration they've been removed from workspace due the size of
> that directory.
> Wallpapers can't be kept in a git repository because every time a git
> repository is cloned all the history (including old wallpapers) is
> cloned. So actually wallpapers are nowhere, should we move wallpapers
> back to trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace?

Since that location in SVN is now a bit obscure, perhaps we should
create a new SVN module called trunk/KDE/kdebase-wallpapers.

The context here is that: SVN is just better then Git at storing stuff
like wallpapers, so I think we should consider it as the best longterm
solution for big binary blobs. But wallpapers are required by
kdebase-workspace.

Ian