Integration vs tight coupling (was Re: A Qt replacement for KGlobal::ref and deref)

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:02:15 GMT 2011

(Creating a new thread)

Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> A Dimecres, 9 de febrer de 2011, Stephen Kelly va escriure:
>> You seem to be
>> challenging the idea that less internal dependencies in kdelibs is a good
>> thing, but I think that's for a separate thread anyway.
>
> Not sure if Christoph does, but i do, less internal dependencies is a bad
> idea as it will lead us to either less functionality or repeated code.

How so? The libraries that are in kdesupport (such as attica to pick the
first) could just as easily be in kdelibs. If it was in kdelibs, would you
object to moving it out? What loss of functionality or repeated code would
occur if attica was moved out (imagining it was in to begin with).

We could simply make it a goal (or condition) of modularisation to not end
up with less functionality or duplication.