git clone kde:kde-workspace hangs

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Feb 7 22:29:21 GMT 2011

On Sunday, 6. February 2011 23:54:07 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 de February de 2011 16:48:21 Shaun Reich wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Martin Koller <kollix at aon.at> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've tried already several times today to get a clone of kde-workspace
> > > and it always gets stuck at about 10-15%
> > >
> > > What can I do ?
> >
> > You can try using the tarball form on project.kde.org, for now (no idea why
> > it hangs up). at least then you can resume it.
>
> Note that the git clone/fetch/push percentage is by number of objects, not
> size. I have tried cloning kde-workspace now and it worked fine, but I did
> notice a slowdown around 14-15%. My guess is that there are some big objects
> being transferred.

Thanks for the hint, but in my case my internet connection did not transfer anything
during this hang (no LED activity on my router) even for 10 minutes or so ...
Nevertheless, I've downloaded the tarball for now.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at