git won't let me delete a branch?

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 09:30:55 GMT 2011

On 5 February 2011 20:39, Stefan Majewsky
<stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Don't we have this yet? I'm using exactly this approach for my work
> branches in libtagaro (cf. kde:libtagaro and
> kde:clones/libtagaro/majewsky/work). The only fear I'm having is that
> I'll once run into this 100-commits-per-push-operation limit.

Btw, you know about squashing commits right?

If you have a commit that you haven't pushed upstream, then a later
commit which fixes a problem in the first commit, then you should do
"git rebase -i origin"  and reorder the commits and make one commit as
to be squashed into the previous commit, so that you end up with a
single commit.

(You might already know, but I want to throw out tips for other people as well).

John