Review Request: Workaround for the hang (freeze) when opening VLC's file dialog under KDE...

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 01:57:52 GMT 2011

"Pino Toscano" <pino at kde.org> writes:

> kdecore/services/kmimetyperepository.cpp
> <http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/100539/#comment1002>
>
>     I guess you should also add the /usr/local equivalent, and enclose both in a
>     #ifdef Q_OS_UNIX
>     #endif
>     block

By the way, how welcome would some more default paths be? pkg-config .pc
files are installed in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig in {Net,Open}BSD, and in
/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig in FreeBSD. And then there are the
OpenSolaris guys.

Hardcoding a lot paths definitely looks ugly, I'm just not sure whether
it's worse than asking packagers for these OSes to add patches locally
or recommend their users to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH accordingly.