irc meeting for kdelibs git workflow

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 2 13:45:00 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011 09:19:29 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 01:37:26PM -0800, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > * adapting http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Commit_Policy
>
> i'd suggest a look at http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/pages/CommitPolicy, in
> particular point 8 of the rules. the point it makes is independent from
> using git (in fact, we have a similar point already), except that with
> git it is so much easier to do that, so at least a certain percentage of
> people may actually adopt it.

+1 to that, especially the commit template and more descriptive commit
messages.

In fact, attached is my attempt at such a template based on the Qt one.  It's
a bit verbose as it's intended as an educational tool, once people know what's
expected they can delete all the comments in their local copy.

If the Commit Digest guys want some tags added to make their life easier, now
would be the time to speak up.

John.