Merge or Cherry-Pick?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 22:06:47 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, February 1, 2011, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > then i learned today to be extra vigilant about doing `git pull --rebase`
> > and not just `git pull` so i don't accidentally throw merge commits in
> > there while preping for a push.
>
> Look in man git-config for "branch.autosetuprebase". I think this
> should go into the Git manual after someone has checked this (did not
> actually try it).

ooh, very cool. ok, i'm going to try running with this and see how it rolls.

we _really_ need to start a page to collect all these tidbits together. i'm
not sure where yet and i'm afraid i've run out of time for today. an etherpad
that we can all edit might be a good place to start collecting these gems, and
then we can grab the best bits and put them on a page on techbase...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se