irc meeting for kdelibs git workflow
Aaron J. Seigo
aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 21:37:26 GMT 2011
hi everyone ...
with git having finally arrived more-or-less, we find ourselves without a well
defined work flow for kdelibs (and by extension other KDE repositories)
i don't think we can or should hope and pray that our sysadmins will perform
another magic trick and solve this for us, nor can we all just sit here
looking at each other.
so i'd like to suggest that we gather on irc in the near future and hammer
this stuff out. weekends tend to be better for many it seems, so i've put up a
where you can register your intention to attend and when you can. it covers
this weekend and next. i can't attend this weekend, but that shouldn't stop
others if this weekend is best for the majority.
a draft agenda might look like:
* 3rd party examples we can learn from:
* topic branches
* strategy overview
* git recipes for the common cases
* bug fixes
* dealing with an unmergable 4.6
* 4.7 and beyond
* handling trivial changes
* require branches, allow direct to an integration branch or even master?
* other common tasks that we should offer nice little recipes for?
* adapting http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Commit_Policy
* using content from http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual
* identifying other pages on techbase that need work
* first draft of workflow documentation
the goal should be to emerge from a few hours of meeting with a draft being
started based on the early consensus drawn from the meeting. the document(s)
can then be passed here on k-c-d for a comment period and then pushed into
official status once there's general consensus.
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43
KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Development Frameworks
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the kde-core-devel