proposal: remove KTextEditor interface from kdelibs repository

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 18:28:51 GMT 2011

Mardi, le 1 février 2011, à 18:53, Sune Vuorela a écrit:
> On 2011-02-01, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> > Uh, that is old-fashioned. Should instead ask the user whether she wants
> > to install the proper text editor module. Isn't there some simple
> > standard api for that these days?
>
> A simple standard api for what? installations of scripts and wallpapers
> and stuff, sure. there is the ghns things.
>
> For isntallation of compiled stuff, no.

Not something related to packagekit or similar? Eh, IMHO there should be
something like that if there isn't. With OBS and Co. compiled stuff is not
that much different, you just get a variant tailored to your (hardware)
profil. Can someone please empty my TODO list? :)

> And I'm not sure there should be
> such a thing.

Hm. You don't agree that a user experience like
	"Sorry, missing X to do Y. Would you like to get X now for that?"
is better than one à la
	"Na, no way to do Y."?

Cheers
Friedrich