More devices into the Shortcut system...

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Dec 26 18:49:32 GMT 2011

El Dilluns, 26 de desembre de 2011, a les 11:31:52, Thomas Zander va escriure:
> måndagen den 26 december 2011 01.36.47 skrev  Albert Astals Cid:
> > Ok, so after half reading the walls of text and this email what i think
> > that  actually what you and Rick suggest are different but not
> > exclusive,
> > Rick suggests improving existing Qt classes so they can handle a few
> > more
> > cases, you suggest creating a new plugabble framework to handle
> > "everything", if i was to choose i'd choose both :D But obviously i'm
> > not
> > the one choosing since i'm not the one doing the coding nor I am an
> > expert in the field.
>
> Thanks Alberg for the high-level-overview!
>
> Altering Qt classes is going to be tricky since the feature-freeze in Qt is
> coming very very quickly. (mere weeks)
> So unless this can be done binary-compatible this change will likely have to
> wait for Qt6 ;)

I have no idea how this would be done, but muy guess would be making
QKeySequence "mouse aware" or introducing a new class QMouseSequence or
QKeyAndMouseSequence (obviously better names needed) that you could feed to
QShortcut, i don't see an "obvious" problem in making this with a binary
compatible change, but as said i've no idea how the code would work at all :D

Cheers,
  Albert