[Help] Is this wrong usage or a bug of global shortcut?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 10:51:35 GMT 2011

Am Sun, 25 Dec 2011 10:15:01 +0800
schrieb Jekyll Wu <adaptee at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to fix bug 259539. The real problem is some global
> shortcuts of klipper keep resetting to 'None' after it restarts. Here
> is one problematic line:
>
>     action->setGlobalShortcut(KShortcut(.....),
> KAction::DefaultShortcut);

just
    action->setGlobalShortcut(KShortcut(.....));
unless there's some
    action->setGlobalShortcut(KShortcut(.....),
   KAction::ActiveShortcut);
and some other very special stuff around (ie. forgetting the shortcut
is actually intended, like you have NoAutoloading as well - what i don't
know in for this case)

Also ensure the action has a unique objectName(), but the mentioned line
is a bug for "just get me some global shortcut like everyone has" and
omitting the second parameter would get you what you probably expect.

Cheers,
Thomas