Git migration status (Was: Re: Where is kmix hidden?)

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 17:59:19 BST 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Lukas Appelhans <l.appelhans at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Sunday 21 August 2011 23:13:30 George Goldberg wrote:
> > On 21 August 2011 14:05, Lukas Appelhans <l.appelhans at gmx.de> wrote:
> > > Hey!
> > >
> > > Cool... I see you go for a split up of kdenetwork (makes sense imo).
> >
> > Yup. Definitely.
> >
> > > The problem I see at the moment you have to build all applications
> > > together in kdenetwork, otherwise they fail to compile. So this is a
> > > first thing which needs to change.
> >
> > Others have already answered this - some of the apps already build
> > standalone, others will need a bit of cmake modifications first.
> Yes. I will see what I can do about that in the next weeks. :)
> >
> > > What is missing are tags and branches right?
> >
> > Yes. I think I've got the whole trunk history sorted iirc. Haven't
> > done the tags and branches though.
> Okay.

It's not needed to make all the tags and branches build standalone and
together.  If someone wants to re-create  an old tag or branch they will
most likely need to build the whole module together anyway.  Doing the
changes for master/trunk and 4.7 branch is enough.  Usually doing the
changes on trunk is enough then the CMakeLists.txt changes can be easily
cherry-picked to the 4.7 branch after the migration to git.

Jeremy