kdeinit (was: Summary from Buildsystem BoF at Desktop Summit)

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Aug 21 15:45:02 BST 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 de August de 2011 10:19:26 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> > if we start from an all-privileged daemon like systemd. It's privilege
>> > elevation that suffers.
>>
>> does the session systemd run privileged in the first place?
>
> I have no clue. I don't even know if there's a session systemd.

systemd can be run in session mode, and I assume this is what is being
discussed for possibly replacing kded (using the system instance would
not make much sense). The session instance does not have special
privileges (just like the dbus session instance).

It's great to see this being discussed, having the possibility of
integrating systemd with kde would be truly awesome!

Cheers,

Tom