playground-libs/libkvkontakte has moved to kdereview

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Aug 17 08:25:25 BST 2011

On Wednesday 17 August 2011 09.24.31 Alexander Potashev wrote:
> >> If I'll add just a forward declaration like "class NoteInfoPrivate;"
>> and a "NoteInfoPrivate *p;" into the NoteInfo class, will it be OK?>
> > I guess you mean using a d-pointer, yes, that's the suggested way of
> > dealing with this kind of issue.
> So, the NoteInfoPrivate class may not have any declaration (except for
> the forward declaration) until it will be necessary, right?

The concept of a d-pointer is a bit weird at first, for sure ;)
You may want to take a peek at some examples to see how its done and steal
some patterns of usage.
Most C++ libraries use this, but I suggest to take a look at kdelibs for
inspiration.

And to answer your question;  yes, its Ok to just have a forward declaration
in the header file.