smallish project needed

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Fri Aug 12 15:28:31 BST 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Stefan Majewsky
<stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dolphin is going in the QML direction?
>>> Yes, I think a Juk rewritten in QML could be a good thing.
>>
>> Well, in that direction.. it's not written in QML or anything.. :
>> http://ppenz.blogspot.com/2011/08/introducing-dolphin-20.html
>
> Of course it depends on the application. QML is not yet at the point
> where writing a desktop file manager using it makes sense (see, for
> example, tree models). For a media player, though, it can make a lot
> of sense.

I actually question the usefulness of Qt Quick for a file browser all
together. I do not think you'd want to create a complex interface like
that with Qt Quick as you'd basically end up implementing half the
stuff in C++ anyway.

It absolutely and totally makes sense for multimedia apps though,
usually their interface is straight forward and needs the additional
awesomeness.

Just some random thoughts :)

regards,
Harald