Review Request: Replace thread usage with local event loop in kio/kio/hostinfo.cpp

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Aug 9 07:06:28 BST 2011

(I reply to the list only, as it is not related to the request itself)

> And no, we definitely want no nested event loop. Anything else, but
> not that.

I agree 100%. When you see things like the same modal messagebox popping
up twice (so one is visible, and another one appears called from the
same line in the code) from a single-threaded application, you realize
how dangerous a nested event loop can be.

Andras