Master or 4.7 under VirtualBox/KVM

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Aug 3 18:39:37 BST 2011

On Sunday 31 July 2011 12:58:05 Michael Jansen wrote:
> Did we manage to break kde under virtual machines? Or is the problem here?
>
> Has someone a recent kde running in a vm?
For the record: I just found the commit which broke it:
6aa2b5caf625a142e92bf4e7c99452bfad968a8c which basically removed the check that
OpenGL compositing does not get enabled with software rasterization.

The commit is from before the feature freeze and I am just stunned that we did not catch that
mistake in the beta phase. Why do we actually have a beta phase if such things are not spotted
by the users? Since after the release we have had several bug/crash reports indicating a
serious problem with software rasterization which is the reason why I investigated it now.

I will push a patch to both 4.7 and master as soon as I found a way to reproduce here and
ensure that the patch actually fixes it.

Cheers
Martin