Season of KDE project on speed optimization

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Fri Apr 29 13:55:01 BST 2011

Am Freitag 29 April 2011, 12:52:18 schrieb Lydia Pintscher:

> Aaditya applied for a Season of KDE slot. He wants to work on speed
> optimization. Do we have a nice project for him?

Depends what he finds slow.
A possibility would be to either help the Platform modulation effort to cut down
dependencies (if helping hands are still needed there).
Another could be to reduce the number of dependencies that are loaded during startup (if
he finds startup slow).
A third possibility would be to utilize kdelibs-mobile for desktop use and maybe work
downstream in OBS to offer a SC based on kdelibs-mobile.

Markus