Help on .desktop files for oxygen

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Apr 28 08:26:52 BST 2011

Hi,
For a couple of releases, oxygen widget and decoration style comes with
an "advanced" configuration tool, called oxygen-settings [1], and
accessible (so far) only from terminal (or krunner).

For the record: there are already 'basic' configuration tools available
at the usual places in system-settings for the decoration and the style
with a much more limited set of configuration options, the idea being
not to expose newcommers and casual users to too many options of which
they simply do not care (such as the duration of the animations). On the
other hand, another advantage that I see for oxygen-settings is that it
regroups the widget style and decoration options at the same place.

For 4.7 I'd like to make this advanced tool available via kde' launcher
menu.
Good idea ? Bad idea ? Objections ?

Also I guess need a .desktop file for that.
Never wrote such a thing before, so some other expert pair of eyes would
help.

The content I came up with by looking at various other desktop files is
attached.

Advice welcome,

Hugo

[1] Screenshot: http://simplest-image-hosting.net/jpg-0-plasma-desktopat4300