oxygen _gtk_ style and svn repository

Arno Rehn kde-devel at arnorehn.de
Thu Sep 30 22:25:04 BST 2010

On Thursday 30 September 2010 23:11:26 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for a week or two I've been working on a native gtk (+cairo) port of the
> oxygen style, that do not rely on Gtk-Qt-engine (cause it is slow and
> oxygen- Qt is too fancy for it to work reliably on such engine), nor on
> hard coded pixels (because then you can't match any settings changed in
> oxygen-qt).
>
> Since yesterday we joined effort together with Ruslan Kabatsayev who's been
> working on a similar thing independently, and now, to make collaborative
> work easier, we'd need a 'publically' accessible svn (or git) repository
> (and my - ignorant- favor would go to svn).
>
> Is there any objection against me adding an oxygen-gtk subdirectory into
> svn/kde/playground ? (though the idea of having some gtk code in kde repo
> is a bit scary to me). Or does anyone have a better solution ?
I'd highly recommend to go with git. We're moving to git anyway, so
integrating your project with KDE's repositories will be much easier if it's
already git. (Moving a project from gitorious to git.kde.org should be a
matter of a few minutes when it's all set up.)
If you go with svn, we'll have to write svn2git rules for the project and then
convert it to git. As our conversion to git is in full progress, this would
seem like a bad decision to me.

> Just for the teasing, here is a recent screenshot of my themed 'ccsm'
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/hugo-oxygen-icons-org/5040174410/
Looks good :)

--
Arno Rehn