Experience so far with QML (was Re: dependencies on KJS/KHTML in kdelibs and kdebase-runtime)

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 21:23:55 BST 2010

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> unfortunately, QML is
> unecessarily difficult to work with due to current implementation
> decisions that i feel can be best described as "braindamaged" ...

I'd be interested in reading what makes you say that. I've had difficulties
with QML too, but sometimes have trouble putting my finger on what exactly
the problem is.

I think it's a general difficulty in melding the non-declarative parts of an
application to the declarative parts. The interface between them to get
state or information from one to the other 'world' is not always obvious.
Some of my specific issues with it are quite particular to model-view,
though with some additional action-related gripes.

I think it's here to stay, so it would be good to get a better handle on
what these issues are.

All the best,

Steve.