dependencies on KJS/KHTML in kdelibs and kdebase-runtime

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 12:23:14 BST 2010

On September 24, 2010 23:20:23 Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> Nah, the performance part is likely the accurate one, unless the bloat
> of QtScript manages to hide JSC's excellent performance. Which it
> actually might.
>
> On 9/24/10, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > A Divendres, 24 de setembre de 2010, Maksim Orlovich va escriure:
> >>
> >> How about when the truthfulness of most of these claims is dubious?
> >
> > Then it's when we do some benchmarking?

the "shorter code" part is.. an understatement. I saw a bit of it. there are
huge swaths of code that would be just *gone* after switching to qtscript.

wider availablility? well, given that kde depends on qt, kjs cannot have wider
availability than qscript. as best they'd be equal - but as aaron explained,
on mobile there's no room for multiple implementations of things. therefore qt
has wider availability.

and... you say that higher performance is likely accurate.

so, I'm not seeing anything dubious here. o.0