RFC: Moving Okteta from kdeutils to kdesdk

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 22 07:56:48 BST 2010

On 22.09.10 08:45:27, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 22. September 2010, 08:36:18 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Actually it depends on how both modules are setup as git repositories
> > (split or non-split). If both modules are split into several git repos
> > there's afaik no problem moving one of the repos (okteta) from one
> > project to another in the project hierarchy.
>
> Sometimes I have the feeling that the move to Git totally deprecates the
> module concept we used up to now to order our apps.

As far as I recall the discussions this will be a decision of the module
maintainers, but with git there are limitations when you have only a
single repo for kdegames (or kdeutils, kdesdk). And the modules are
being kept on the project level of projects.kde.org, just not
necessarily on the actual repository level.

Andreas

--
Don't read any sky-writing for the next two weeks.