RFC: Moving Okteta from kdeutils to kdesdk

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Sep 21 05:19:09 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
<kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (cc:ed for emphasize Matt as coordinator of kdesk and Alexander as author of
> Structures tool for Okteta, myself is coordinator of kdeutils, guess Matt and
> Alexander are subscribed to kde-core-devel, so please drop them on reply)
>
> given that Okteta, the hex editor from kdeutils, has turned more and more into
> a developer oriented program, I think it fits even better into the kdesdk
> module. Thus I, being maintainer/author, would like to move it from kdeutils
> to kdesdk as soon as possible. The coordinator of kdeutils also thinks that
> would be a good thing ;)
>
> Do you agree this move is useful? If it is, should it be done before or after
> the conversion of the KDE repo to git?
>
> Thanks
> Friedrich

I'm cool with this move. I don't know what the timelines are for
moving kdesdk to Git, since I don't believe anybody has worked on the
rules for it. My current thought is that this should wait until after
the Git migration - subject to change based on the anticipated
timelines, of course. :)
--
Matt