Should kde-qt go 4.7 now?

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Fri Sep 10 21:03:40 BST 2010

On Friday, September 10, 2010, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Sexta-feira 10 Setembro 2010, às 19:13:59, Fredrik Höglund escreveu:
> > We also won't discover possible bugs and regressions in 4.7 that
> > might affect KDE.
>
> I've been using KDE against Qt 4.7 for several months now.
>
> There are no gross regressions. There's exactly one I can see, in KMail (if
> you move the last message from a folder, the message view the scrollbar
> locks).
>
> But since I am unable to update KMail from the January build, I don't know if
> this was a KMail issue or not.

I haven't noticed that issue, but I one issue I am seeing is that
nspluginviewer isn't clipped properly to the viewport in konqueror when
you scroll a webpage.

My point however isn't that there are regressions, but rather that if
you're not using Qt 4.7, you will never know if there are any issues or not.

Regards,
Fredrik