Should kde-qt go 4.7 now?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Sep 10 14:42:03 BST 2010

On 09/10/2010 03:32 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Eike Hein wrote:
>

>> Thiago and I were wondering.
>>
>> trunk so far does not depend on 4.7, which makes having
>> kde-qt on 4.6 convenient in terms of developers using it
>> not accidentally introducing code requiring 4.7. Either
>> we ignore that and go to 4.7 anyway for the runtime be-
>> nefits it provides, or we think about making KDE SC 4.6
>> depend on Qt 4.7. Thoughts?
>
> I think you may have mistyped at the end? Were you suggesting making KDE 4.6
> depend on Qt 4.6?

No - KDE SC 4.6 currently depends on Qt 4.6 since we haven't
raised the dependency to 4.7 so far. As long as we don't,
having kde-qt stick to 4.6 provides the benefit I outlined.

So either we raise the dep to 4.7 (which I'd like to see as
well), or we keep it at 4.6, and if we do that we have to
decide if we want to move kde-qt to 4.7 anyway or keep it at
4.6 to make accidentally introducing 4.7-requiring code less
easy.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein