[FINISHED] Re: Okteta plugin for KDevelop moved to kdereview

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Sep 1 21:25:33 BST 2010

Hi,

Jeudi, le 19 août 2010, à 01:59, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau a écrit:
> I have moved the Okteta plugin for KDevelop to kdereview.
>
> This plugin enables you to load and edit all files as raw data, like you
> are used to do in the program Okteta itself. It also integrates some of
> the tools from Okteta, e.g. the Structures tool, which Alex Richardson has
> even more improved for the latest release (dynamic analyzing with
> Javascript). To load a file as bytearray, you currently have to use the
> context menu for a file in the Documents, Projects, or the Filesystem
> toolviews of KDevelop, select "Open as bytearray" there. Remember to
> activate the plugin in the settings before that :)
>
> The plugin depends on the latest Okteta 0.5 (as part of KDE Apps 4.5) and
> KDevelop 4.0. Cmake checks are included.
>
> On the mailinglist kdevelop-devel it was planned to have this plugin to be
> part of kdevelop, with optional dependency to the Okteta libs from
> kdeutils, so if not the libs are not there, just the plugin does not
> build.
> The code as it is in kdereview is targeted at the released version of
> KDevelop, 4.0. If you want to use it with KDevelop from git master, you
> need to increase X-KDevelop-Version to 10 in kdevokteta.desktop.
>
> Some blog blabla for more background:
> http://frinring.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/okteta-going-for-kdevelop-and-kate
> / http://frinring.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/akademy-development-catalysator/
>
> Please give the plugin some review and commenting :)

The plugin has been imported to the master branch of KDevelop on gitorious two
days ago, thanks to Andreas Pakulat for reviewing and importing.

So the plugin will be part of the upcoming version 4.1 of KDevelop, which was
branched today :)

Any plans to make an independent release for KDevelop 4.0 already have been
dropped, no time left.

Cheers
Friedrich
--