"Cornelius's grand plan" - Merging KDElibs into Qt

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 31 23:22:50 GMT 2010

On Sunday 31 October 2010 21:39:09 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010, 20:39:30 schrieb John Layt:
> > I've been away all day and need to catch up on the thread, but just a
> > heads-up that this has been picked up by the press already and is making
> > its way around the feeds:
> >
> > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODczOQ
>
> Why are you saying "the press" when it's only Phoronix?
>
> Greetings
> Stefan

Because Michael says he is?

http://www.phoronix-media.com/

"Phoronix Media is the largest Internet media company devoted to enriching the
Linux hardware experience and catering its content to Linux gamers and
computer enthusiasts."

"Phoronix Media is more than a traditional news outlet in that it also engages
with the Linux and free software communities to better enrich these
ecosystems."

It may "only" be a website, but it is journalism.  What Michael writes reaches
a huge audience, including the wider Linux media.  I have every respect for
the excellent quality of work Michael puts in, I enjoy reading his stuff, I
just think he got a bit premature on this.

So smile nicely everyone, the world's watching :-)

John.