"Cornelius's grand plan" - Merging KDElibs into Qt

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 11:53:10 GMT 2010

On 31 October 2010 11:33, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> after reading the whole thread that started with Chani's mail ("why
> kdelibs?"), I think the noise level has become a bit too much there.
> Cornelius had proposed this rather daring idea:
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=128842761708404&w=2

Sounds great.  This should probably be done by picking a specific
technology in KDE, and adapting it and merging it to work in Qt.

A wonderful place to start would be kioslaves imho.  This is something
which has a real advantage, is relatively self-contained, and would
provide a big advantage.  Possibly it needs to be merged more with the
Qt API though.