why kdelibs?

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Thu Oct 28 21:33:23 BST 2010

>> When I say "library", think of "module", actually
>
> And the difference is?

The difference is I can have a Qt application that only requires
KHolidays instead of kdepimlibs

Back on the "why kdelibs?" topic, what about a KDE-Demo, just like Qt
Demo, that shows the unique features the KDE platform (kdelibs,
kdepimlibs, kdegames, etc) has to offer? That'd be a quick way for
people to see the widgets, libraries, etc that make KDE rock. It'd be
certainly easier than delving into api.kde.org and see if Joe
Developer finds some interesting class/library/whatever. The examples
in kdeexamples and Techbase could be a starting point.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org