why kdelibs?

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Oct 28 13:44:24 BST 2010

Hi Chani,

I ask myself why I prefer KDE applications when available, and one reason that
comes to mind is

	consistency

I get consistent ui design and functionality, making it easy to use
applications. One of my favurites is KAction and the standard actions and
shortcuts and dialogs. Many KDE apps uses KXMLGUI, which provides a consistent
menu structure. I get kde widgets for a lot of things, so i know how to use
them. I love all that, and whenever i find some non-KDE application that I
need, I find myself wishing that it was KDE, or that there would be a KDE
alternative...

Of course there is also the high level of integration in KDE, and do not
forget world class file dialogs. I miss those in non-KDE apps too!

Anders

--
Venlig hilsen,
Anders