why kdelibs?

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 12:11:43 BST 2010

When I was at DevDays, I noticed that while people were very enthusiastic
about Qt, I was getting a sort of "qt is all you need" vibe at times - a fine
sentiment for promoting qt, but then, what about kdelibs?

And then I realized: what *about* kdelibs? I had no idea how to tell anyone
why they should use the kde platform, what advantages it would bring. Hell, at
this point I'm not even sure what's *in* kdelibs, or what the KDE Platform is.

After a quick skim of community.kde.org, I'm just as lost.

So I ask you: Why kdelibs? Why the KDE Platform? I *know* that we have all
kinds of awesome in there, but what is it and why should people use it?

--
Chani
http://chani.ca