Soft Feature Freeze has arrived today.

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:19:47 BST 2010

On Wednesday 27 October 2010 23:37:16 Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are now[1] in Soft Feature Freeze, that means that trunk is frozen for
> feature commits that are not listed in the planned feature document[2].
> Only bugfixes and the code implementing the listed features are to be
> committed after today. The feature list also closes today.
>
> Features not already finished or not listed on the planned features page
> will have to wait until the next KDE SC release.
>
> Since we did not announce this like a week ago, I think we will look the
> other way if you still want to add some stuff to the Feature Plan. Just do
> it ASAP.
>
> Hard feature freeze will be Thursday, November 11, 2010! KDE 4.6 will be
> released on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 if all goes well.
>
> Best,

Umm, sorry to be 'that guy' again, but the schedule says Thursday Oct 28, and
"All deadlines are due 23:59 UTC" which I have always taken to mean 23:59 on
Oct 28.  So "deadlines" are actually 25:59 the day before the listed freeze
date?  Perhaps we should say "All freezes take effect from 00:00 UTC on the
listed date"

Not that it affects me now, my stuff is in the plan, but I don't want to miss
the hard freeze :-)

John.