Akonadi, Attica and Soprano moved to git.kde.org

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:52:50 BST 2010

> > it's a bit silly for every kdesvn-build user to type in the module
> > changes by themselves. mind copy&pasting your changes here so that the
> > work's only done once? :)
>
> See kdesdk/scripts/kdesrc-buildrc-sample in trunk, I just added the 3
> modules.

mpyne blogged it, too :)
http://www.purinchu.net/wp/2010/10/26/kdesrc-build-update-for-git-migration/

> Michael: the readonly/readwrite choice for every module shows that some
> more generic syntax would be good indeed, something like
> module akonadi
>   git-module kde akonadi.git
> end module
> and a global option
>   git-repo kde git://git.kde.org/
> (which allows to write "git-repo kde git at git.kde.org:" instead)
>
> With such a syntax one can also define a gitorious repo and use it in many
> places, etc.

+1, it is quite silly to have to define my preferred git protocol everywhere.
ideally, for repos kdesvnbuild knows about, I should just be able to turn them
on and add options. I kinda wish it was using KConfig instead of an rc file so
that I could easily slap a pyqt gui on top... although I guess the kde build
tool depending on kde would be a bit of a problem in some cases ;)

> Aren't we lazy... :-)
>   -- or fundamentally opposed to copy-n-paste ;-)

efficiency! ;)

--
Chani
http://chani.ca