[X-POST] KDE and Google Code-In 2010 -- we need Ideas!

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 05:02:08 BST 2010

Hi everybody,

I've attached a file outlining relevant things about Google Code-In,
and summarized the stuff discussed in today's meeting on #kde-soc
(which was announced mostly on the mentors' mailing list).

The application deadline is very soon -- on 29th, and our idea list
(http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2010/Ideas) is not as
well-populated as it should ideally be.

Fearing that is mostly because one doesn't know what kind of tasks to
come up with, I've attached some quick and easy-to-read information
and suggestions that a couple of us compiled from details discussed
during the GSoC Mentor Summit 2010 and an IRC meeting held about 6
hours ago.

Please help us get as many ideas as possible, so that we can bring the
success that KDE has been having with SoC to Code-In as well.

Regards
Akarsh
[Proxying for a Lydia who's in transit :)]