Shared data in KnewStuff3 ideas

Sun Oct 24 20:35:06 BST 2010

Am Samstag, 23. Oktober 2010, 23:10:37 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> This does indeed sound similar to what Akonadi does, but Akonadi is not
> the solution. Akonadi's problem-space is well defined: centralized
> access to PIM data. Akonadi was not designed to provide access to any
> kind of data.

Without much knowledge of the Akonadi architecture, I doubt it is a valid
argument to dismiss Akonadi just because KNewStuff entries are not PIM data.
If Akonadi turns out to fit the needs, I do not see any added value in having
yet another daemon sit around caching and providing data, esp. given that some
of our most talented software engineers have poured their experience into
Akonadi's design and implementation.

Greetings
Stefan